- 1 x 400ml can coconut milk
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- ½ cup honey or maple syrup or malayo
- 2 cups cold almond milk
- 8 drops Twenty8 peppermint oil
- 1 avocado
- 2Tbsp coconut oil
- 2Tbsp vodka (optional but stops ice-cream going rock hard in freezer)
- ½ cup dark high quality chocolate (better still make your own!)
- Place coconut milk and mint leaves in a saucepan over medium heat for 10mins.
- Place warm coconut milk, mint and honey in a bowl and mix until honey dissolved. Stir in almond milk and peppermint oil. Cover and place in freezer for 4hours.
- Pour mixture into a blender (or Thermomix of course!) and add avocado, coconut oil, chocolate and vodka and blend until like soft serve. You can leave the chocolate quite chunky or mix it right in depending on your preference.
- Transfer into a nice glass or stainless steel dish (or special plastic container with lid if you prefer) for serving and then into the freezer (preferably overnight).
- Serve slightly defrosted (especially if no vodka used) with fresh mint.
Thanks for clicking on this yummy recipe! Before you make it you need to know I am not a fancy chef! Neither am I an expert cook who aspires to measure everything. Writing recipes is in fact rather difficult for me as I am a creative, touch, taste and smell-as-I-go kinda girl! I realise this does not suit all personality types, forgive me, so if you would like better measurements or descriptions for the kind of recipe I present it might be a good idea to google something similar as I am sure there would be plenty out there based off the same principles as these recipes!! The sharing of these recipes is just an outlet for my creative flair! Good luck – I mean – enjoy! Kim x