The Art Of Self Love – Self Love Quiz
The act of self-love is a practice. It is something that continuously evolves and develops according to where you are at in your life right now. Some days it might feel like we are all over it, some days we might feel like we plain fail at it.
As you have seen in The Art Of Self Love book, the self-love circle is a wonderful step by step process to stay in the practice of self-love no matter what is going on in your world.
In this quiz you will see more clearly where you are at in regards to how you feel about yourself right now. I would encourage you to take out your phone or recording device and actually interview yourself as you answer these questions. Remember no one else will see this, it is just for you and your eyes and heart only.
By doing this you will have yourself recorded and trust me if you do the work suggested in the book you will be astounded at where you might be at in a few weeks or months time. Sometimes we do not realize how far we have come when we do not have a record of where we started.
I have done this myself a number of times and love the before and after viewings as well as the sensation it can leave in your heart when you work on yourself and honor the journey of self love.
The tough part may actually be recording this today, right now. And if you have any inkling of ‘I can’t do this’ or ‘I’m not doing it’ or ‘I can’t be bothered’ or ‘I feel too hideous right now, no way’ then it is a definite sign it could be a really good idea for you to jump in and just do it. Trust me.
So set up your recording device. Sit down and ask these questions. And then answer each one exactly as you feel, honestly. Be real, be raw, be you. And do not hold back.
- When was the last time you listened to the voice in your head? I mean really listened. What was it you were saying that makes you recall taking notice?
- What does Self-Love mean to you personally? Rate yourself on your own level of self love on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being terrible and 10 being amazing)
- What does someone filled with self-love look like to you? What virtues do you wish you could embrace to be better at self-love?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, rate yourself on how much care you offer yourself on a daily basis? (1 being terrible and 10 being amazing). Now ask why you rated the score that you did?
- If you could include one ritual into your day that means better self-love, what do you wish you could add? Rate how that would make you feel on a scale of 1 to 10 if you could do this one ritual every day.
- How do you sabotage your self-love efforts? Rate the frequency of your sabotage on a scale of 1 to 10. And now be honest about what stops you from loving yourself more?
- What is the conversation you have with yourself when you are about to sacrifice what you want for someone else’s wants? Rate how you feel when you do this on a scale of 1 to 10. And now be honest, if you do this often why do you let this happen? What could you be doing to lessen these sacrifices?
- How often do you stop to paying attention to the world inside of you? Rate the frequency on a scale of 1 to 10. Be honest here do you get engulfed in your own thoughts and feelings or do you do everything you can to ignore them?
- What is your typical behavior when life is not going the way you plan? Or you feel let down by someone? And now think about someone who manages let-downs or mishaps well and say what they do that seems to work well for them? Ask yourself if you are willing to do the same or at least try something different next time you are challenged? What might that look like?
- If you could wave a magic wand and have your dream life, what would that look like? Who is a part of this dream life and what would you be doing? On a scale of 1 to 10 where are you at in living your dream life right now? What could you be doing to have that magic wand work for you?
These are just some investigative questions to honor your level of self-love. You will see each time you film your interview you might notice small changes, big changes and hopefully opportunities for new learnings and insights.
Filming this quiz also gives you a chance to connect more within, and gives you a beautiful gauge from this moment on. It may even become a touchstone, a reminder for how incredible you truly are. Remember, it’s actually not about scoring yourself as such, it’s about reaching for a better version of yourself.
This is why I recommend you revisit this quiz in 3 months time. My suggestion is that you do this quiz at the change of every season. But do not delay, there are no accidents you are reading this. Set your recording device up and start right here right NOW.
Love Kim xx